The latest health measures
Valid Covid certificate and photo ID required from age 16 (2G rule: entry only for vaccinated or cured persons). Masks compulsory from the age of 12.
Seats on the Miners' Train are limited, we therefore strongly recommend that you book your visits in advance.
Recommendations and information on visiting the Mines
- Reservation: strongly recommended.
- Temperature: the temperature inside is 18 ̊C all year round, you are recommended to wear warm clothing.
- Comfort: all the spaces visited are well ventilated and lit. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Accessibility: the tour is open to all ages. The Miners’ Train and part of the galleries are accessible to folding wheelchairs (please advise us of these when booking your tour). More information.
- Languages: audioguides are available in French, German, Italian and English (subject to availability of stocks), information leaflets are available in French, Dutch, German, English, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- Pets: no animals are allowed to enter the Mines (with the exception of guide dogs).
- Gastronomy: the Auberge du Bouillet inn and our souvenir shop are in the reception area in front of the entrance to the Mines. There is also a picnic area with sheltered tables and benches to seat 30 people.
- Payment: we accept Swiss francs and euros, also EC Maestro, Mastercard, Visa and Postcard as well as the Twint app.
- General terms and conditions of sale