Individual ticket purchases and reservations
Embark on board the Miners’ Train for an unforgettable voyage to the heart of the salt mountain, in the footsteps of the miners on their quest to find the white gold of the Alps.
Recommendations and information on visiting the Mines
- Reservation: strongly recommended.
- Temperature: the temperature inside is 18 ̊C all year round, you are recommended to wear warm clothing.
- Comfort: all the spaces visited are well ventilated and lit. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Accessibility: the tour is open to all ages. The Miners’ Train and part of the galleries are accessible to folding wheelchairs (please advise us of these when booking your tour). More information.
- Languages: audioguides are available in French, German, Italian and English (subject to availability of stocks), information leaflets are available in French, Dutch, German, English, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- Pets: no animals are allowed to enter the Mines (with the exception of guide dogs).
- Gastronomy: the Auberge du Bouillet inn and our souvenir shop are in the reception area in front of the entrance to the Mines. There is also a picnic area with sheltered tables and benches to seat 30 people.
- Payment: we accept Swiss francs and euros, also EC Maestro, Mastercard, Visa and Postcard as well as the Twint app.
- General terms and conditions of sale
January, February, March, November and December
- 1 to 4 visits per day on Wednesday afternoons, Saturdays and Sundays
- Every day during school holidays (except on the 25th of December and the 1st of January)
April, May, September and October
- 2 to 4 visits per day, Tuesday to Sunday
June, July and August
- 4 to 10 visits per day, every day