Can I use salt to extinguish a grease fire in my barbeque?
Yes, you can! Of course it is best to avoid a grease fire in the first place. Clean your barbeque regularly to prevent grease from accumulating inside it and causing a grease fire.
If you do have a grease fire, remember to never ever pour water on it! This can cause a life-threatening grease explosion. Use a grease fire extinguisher or plenty of salt to put out the fire. Pour the salt directly on the burning area. Wear barbecue gloves and ideally remove the grill rack. You will probably need a lot of salt to put out the fire.